IBM Information Server Pack for SAP R/3 can enhance the performance, scalability and security of trusted data solutions for SAP.
Whether it be an SAP migration, deployment, or upgrade, the InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP provides the data cleansing, loading, and transformational capabilities to deliver trusted, accurate data for SAP projects.
* SAP/R3 and its complimentary NetWeaver data warehouse are pervasive applications in the marketplace to help enterprises streamline business processes. However, this goal can be jeopardized by working with inconsistent, untrusted data.
* IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP is a solution specifically designed to ensure that the best possible data is available for SAP environments.
* Enables users to both extract data from and load data to SAP R/3, SAP ERP and all SAP Business Suite application modules, helping to ensure that data can be used across the entire organization and maximizing the full potential of SAP. Once the SAP data is extracted, InfoSphere DataStage, part of the InfoSphere Information Server platform, can enrich it by mapping, aggregating and reformatting it for use in other applications.
* Supports three separate SAP interfaces—ABAP, IDocs (intermediate documents) and BAPI. The interfaces provide maximum flexibility and choice for extracting or loading data and using the correct method to handle the volume of data you must manage.
* Accelerate deployment with the ability to generate native SAP ABAP code that eliminates manual coding. The ABAP interface uses a parallel extract-RFC data transfer method that supports a secure network communications (SNC) security option.
* Increase business agility through capturing incremental changes and produce event-triggered updates with SAP IDoc functionality. The IDoc extract interface in the InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP R/3 retrieves IDoc metadata and automatically translates the segment fields into infoSphere DataStage for real-time SAP data integration. The IDoc load interface enables users to load quality data into SAP R/3, SAP ERP and SAP Business Suite by using the built-in validations inherent in SAP IDoc processing. The interface also allows for “offline” processing and configurable IDoc extract batch size and IDoc-driven execution of InfoSphere DataStage jobs. The IDoc interface also provides ability to exchange IDocs with SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (previously known as SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure)
* Reduce complexity and lower total cost of ownership through BAPI interface support – it provides a “business view” of the SAP environment, hence eliminating the need for complex SAP application module knowledge to move data in and out of SAP.